Search This Blog

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Giving Thanks for Football and More


Thank You

First Responders – you do something I would not be able to do putting your bodies and emotions on the line every day to help your communities stay safe and aid us when in need.

American Red Cross – for being there in times of disaster and need.  Many of the victims of Hurricane Sandy are not going to be able to celebrate Thanksgiving with their normal traditions.  They’re having to do the best they can with what they have left, or what they are being offered this year.  My wish for them is that before next Thanksgiving their lives are back to being their own.  The need is still there. 


Website:  www.redcross.org 

Text: To donate $10 text REDCROSS to 90999

Phone:  1-800-RED-CROSS (1-800-733-2767)

Mail: American Red Cross, PO Box 4002018, Des Moines, IA 50340-2018 
        Make sure you indicate where you want your funds to go.


Men and women of our military - you risk their lives abroad and can not be with their families today.  I wish God speed in getting you all back home safe and sound.  You keep our country the land of the free and we will remain the home for you, the brave. 


Organizations, non-profits and volunteers - they support so many necessary causes both human and animal.  I can not imagine what our world would be like without you.


Faith, family and friends - I hold all dear, past and present, thank you for being there when I need you.  To those that have and do shape my life in education and experience both good and bad, thank you.


Readers and followers - I wouldn't be here, on this page, without you.



A full day of football coverage - from the time that I wake to the time I rest to help distract from those things about gathering with family that aren’t so great, thank you.



Have a Safe and Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

May your Thanksgiving be more or less
Looney as mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment